From 9 August 2021, anyone (over 17 years old) wishing to visit a restaurant or hotel with leisure facilities (bar, spa, swimming pool) must have a "pass sanitaire".
Please present us with a valid health pass on arrival. A systematic check will be carried out.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to welcome people who are not in compliance. We regret this very much.
The government defines the health pass as a "presentation, digital (via the TousAntiCovid application) or paper, of a health proof", among the following three:
- Proof of vaccination against Covid-19:
- 7 days after the 2nd injection for Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca
- 4 weeks after the injection for Johnson & Johnson
- 2 weeks after injection for vaccines in people with a history of Covid (1 injection only)
- Proof of a negative PCR or antigenic test less than 72 hours old (nasopharyngeal or nasal) from a health professional or pharmacy. Saliva and self-testing do not constitute a pass.
- A positive RT-PCR test result demonstrating recovery of Covid-19, at least 11 days old and less than 6 months old. RT-PCR positive tests older than 11 days and less than 6 months (taken to date) indicate a limited risk of re-infection with Covid-19.
Only one piece of evidence is needed to constitute the health pass.
In addition, in order to combat the Covid19 epidemic, our establishment has put in place a series of measures to ensure that your meal and your stay are safe:
- Mandatory masks for guests in common areas
- Floor markings for social distancing
- Distancing of more than 1 metre in the catering areas
- Disinfectant hand gel available to customers and staff
- Regularly disinfected passage areas
- Staff required to wash their hands regularly
- All linen and rooms disinfected at high temperature
- Contactless check-in and check-out available